7 is good but:

Reaction score
I have installed 7 on our desktop and, touch wood no problems at all. I have just instaaled it on wife;s laptop and I can only get the Control Panel in the Category fom which trhe wife dosent like and want it changed to the other, and cannot access the windows XP at all as on the desktop so we cannot get XP programs to work.anyone give some help and advice please.

Thanks

Ken

Reaction score
Running Windows XP in Windows 7

To run XP virtual machine, I think you have to have Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate. I don't think Windows 7 Home Premium will do it.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Ken, I'm not sure if I understand what you are trying to achieve? What is it you'd like to get working on the laptop?

BigDel is correct that XP Mode will only work on Pro/Ultimate/etc... and not the home versions. :)

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
To adjust the look of the Control Panel, open it up and look for the "View By:" on the upper right of the Control Panel Window. Select View By: Small Icons for a nice, complete list of all the Control Panel Items.

As for your wifes computer, if you installed Windows 7 straight over Windows XP there should be a windows.old file with all the XP information in it. Unfortunately, you'll have to reinstall all her programs (and if they don't install straight off, you may need to use the Compatibility Mode.)

Reaction score
With bregards to the XP problem I have installed windows 7 Professional but I have found the XP old file and reinstalled the programme Ofice 2007and have the files on a memory stick the programms but it won't open the the file on the memory stick.

Ken