64 bit & Google sync

Reaction score
I recently purchase a ThinkPad X 301 with Win 7 64 bit preinstalled. I use Outlook 2010 (32 bit). Unfortunately, Win 64 bit does not sync with Google calendar, nor Google contacts. This means that if I buy an android phone, I cannot sync it with outlook via Google. I am not sure, but I believe I read somewhere that this is also true of Blackberrys. I can sync Outlook via cable to an iPhone though iTunes or through Mobile Me. This may be the only option available to me if I stick with Win 7 64 bit. If I do switch from 64 bit to 32 bit, is there anything I should be aware of? Not sure if I really need the 64 bit, I only ordered it that way becasue it was recommended on Lenovo's web site.
By the way, Lenovo charges $45.00 for the diskette to install the 32 bit version.
Thank you,

Reaction score
I am running 64bit as well and am not having any issues with Google Sync, between Outlook and Google Calendar/Android. Did you check Windows Firewall and see if it is allowing Google Sync through?

Reaction score
That's a very good point. I am pretty inept when it comes to technology. I will check my firewall. Is it made of brick ? (just kidding). Thank you.

Ask a Question