4GB USB drive not detected when I plug it in

mad

Reaction score
No problem, sorry I couldn't help more!

Yeah SanDisk or PNY make good flash drives, and even 2 - 4GB are cheap now-a-days.
I dont understand then because i have a PNY 4GB and when i plug it into the computer its not detected. So do you have any suggestions?

Reaction score
Hi mad - Welcome to w7forums

This thread is nearly a year and a half old.
If you would start a new thread and state your problem.
I am sure someone will try and help you.

Reaction score
I split this topic off into its own thread so it would get the visibility it deserves.

I'm leaving this note here so Clifford doesn't look crazy for what is now a totally random reply. Heh.

Reaction score
You can check with Computer Management to see if a drive letter is being assigned to the drive.

If the drive doesn't show in computer management with or without a drive letter, there maybe a problem with the USB hub drivers. You can check for problems with the drivers through device management.

If the drive is showing in computer management and you have no success assigning a drive letter, you may need to reformat the drive after you have copied all your data with a different OS. I know this sounds strange but I have had a drive that windows 7 would not recognize until after I formated.

Reaction score
Also have you tried plugging it into different USB ports? Also if you see it in device manager after you remove it delete it manually. Then re-plug it. I have an issue like this with an HP 5100 printer that does the same thing and that seems to fix it.

Ask a Question