32 bit Windows 7 Ultimate vs 64 bit Home premium

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got a Toshiba A665 computer with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I have the option of reformatting my computer by installing Windows Ultimate 32 bit. Would you recommend making the switch or to just stick to what I have? I would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks,
Dan

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you have a license for the 32-bit ultimate then I would download the 64-bit ultimate from microsoft and install 64bit ultimate using the 32bit key you own. I would not switch from 64bit to 32bit but I would upgrade to ultimate over premium; with my suggestion you have the best of both.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Hi,

I just got a Toshiba A665 computer with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I have the option of reformatting my computer by installing Windows Ultimate 32 bit. Would you recommend making the switch or to just stick to what I have? I would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks,
Dan
IF you want to go to Ultimate that's your choice, but you won't gain that many additional features:

1. Run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode.

2. Connect to company networks easily and more securely with Domain Join
o
3. In adddition to full-system Backup and Restore found in all editions, you can back up to a home or business network.

4. Help protect data on your PC and portable storage devices against loss or theft with BitLocker.

5. Work in the language of your choice and switch between any of 35 languages.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Virtual PC - XP mode was reason enough for me to go to PRO. There are other alternatives to Microsoft's Virtual PC but they require a software license whereas Virtual PC - XP mode includes the XP license.

I personally don't need the features of Ultimate but for me given the choice of prem or ult, I would have to go Ult.

Reaction score
Microsoft made the Ultimate for obvious reasons,if you have already got x64bit installed then its best to stay with it.32bit is an older technology one which is being phased out here in Australia all store are flogging all 32 bit computers with mostly vista,however the Win 7 PC are packed with 32bit home premium.VERY CHEAP.With applications coming like Virtual PC,Azure,Cloud,I would go with 64 bit my view everyones different,use what you feels suits your needs best.
Jeffrey

Ask a Question