32 bit vs 64 bit

Reaction score
A quick look did not return any results. What are the advantages/disadvantages of one over the other? Am looking at a new machine but it comes with 7 Home Prem 64 bit, good or bad? Can it be down graded(?) to a 32 bit system?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
64bit can also reference above 3.25GB of RAM. If your machine can run 64 and you don't have a hardware or software (that can't be replaced) reason not to, then go 64.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
64bit can also reference above 3.25GB of RAM. If your machine can run 64 and you don't have a hardware or software (that can't be replaced) reason not to, then go 64.
The post just before yours is spam ;)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes it is, thank you, I see now Traci spammed a thread a few days old, but since I missed this thread before, I like to add the RAM limitations of 32bit anyway, in case this pops up in a search.

Reaction score
A quick look did not return any results. What are the advantages/disadvantages of one over the other? Am looking at a new machine but it comes with 7 Home Prem 64 bit, good or bad? Can it be down graded(?) to a 32 bit system?
The 64 bit system runs great, why downgrade? 32 bit is on the way out.

Ask a Question