0x80072F8F activation error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So the new Windows 7 RC was put out there on the 5th of may and i got it today and installed it till i went to activate it and got this error

a problem occured when windows tried to active. error code 0x80072F8F.

Anyone else had this problem and fixed it or does anyone know what it could be??

Reaction score
Thanks will try that and get back to if it worked or not

Reaction score
That was odd last night after posting the error message and getting the reply from ian i turned off my computer and then this morning when i got up i tried once again without changing anything and it worked fine..

Hmm how odd.. thanks for your help anyway :)

Reaction score
tyvm it work dont know why i was in 1980 put date and time and i now get my update great post
Hi nancybernier - Welcome to w7forums

Your computers battery may be failing.

Every computer has a small battery to keep time and other BIOS settings, when the power is turned off. If you notice this happen again, change the battery or have someone else do it for you.

Reaction score
Optional causes

Our internal network requires the internet to be fully configures on the PC to allow these activation to be successful. I was gettign the exact error code, but as our machines have the time adjusted automatically, the problem was with internet access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question