0x3B win32k.sys System_service_exception // and others

Reaction score
Hello,

experienced serveral BSOD, freezes and other forced shutdowns in past months. They occur randomly during playing games or surfing through the web.

What i did to solve it:
-> Tuneup is gone!
-> serveral times MemTest-15h-runs results in 0 errors
-> checked all drivers and tried alternatives, especially sound and video drivers
-> run CPU in normal or O/C state between FSB333 and 400 with multipler at 8.5 and adjusted Vcore. brings curios results: sometimes O/C mode is more stable than normal mode, other weeks its vice versa^^
-> Prime95 runs error free btw 20min - 2h ---> results every time in FATAL ERROR expected rounding was 0.4 etc

I'm out and don't know whether its coming from the CPU or RAM or maybe the board?

Attachments

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Welcome to the W7 Forums.

I hope that we can help.

What you have done so far is good.
Could you please update F-Secure.

Have you had any further crashes?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Probably best not to OC at the moment.

Also, what happens to Prime95 when your not Over Clocking?

Please have a look at the temperatures and voltages:
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

You can log them, that way when it crashes you can see if there was a problem with temp or voltage.

Additionally, I would recommend removing Catalyst Control Center. It is known to cause problems.
However in order to do that you would need to uninstall CCC, which will remove the drivers as well. So have the full package already downloaded from AMD.
Then during the install choose Custom and untick Catalyst Control Center.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. I reinstalled win7 from scratch and suffer no more BSODs or freezes since last 2 days.

Shintaro, to answer your question, yes prime95 stops every time wehter the system is OC'ed or not. But it runs stable for a longer time not OC'ed. One serious thing has happened always i run Prime. Only the second worker has stopped, never the first one. i dont know, if its a serious indication for a CPU failure.

And i thought my F-Secure was up-to-date at any time?! Did you saw some out dated files? Maybe an infaction, but this should be solved now ;)

But however, now my PC is running slightly OC from 3,0 -> 3,2Ghz since two days without a problem. I keep your sugestions in mind with CCC and hwmonitor. Thx for that and keep you updated if my pc crashes in the future.

greets

Shintaro

Reaction score
I am happy that you have resolved this yourself.
If you have data that you saved prior to to the re-install, please scan it before you access it.
F-Secure was a bit old, but you probably updated it with the re-install anyway.

I'm not sure about the Prime95 issue. You might want to keep an eye on it. If it becomes a problem it might show as a WHEA BSOD. If it does show again, simply post to the forum and we'll see what we can do.

Unless there is anything else that I might help you with, could you please close the thread by marking it as solved.

Last edited:

Ask a Question