0 points for the day :(

Reaction score
It has been a long time since I have had 0 points for the day. I was given a huge WU that takes me nearly 24 hours to complete. I always loose points on a huge WU's regardless. However today I have not had a completed WU to turn in.

Shortly after going to bed last night my PC froze and stopped my client from working. This is absolutely the first time my PC has frozen. The only thing new I have done was to install DosBox. However I have no idea if this is related to my PC freezing. I might would understand this being the issue if the freezing was to occur during the DosBox session. At the moment all options are still open as for the cause. Perhaps it was a one time ordeal, bad timing.

Anyway I wanted to let you guys know I had my bad day. I'm looking to all the good ones coming my way. :)

Ohh and yodap took a vacation the other day. While he was headed out the door he had to take his main rig off-line due to a BSOD. This also accounts for production loss. I'm sure he will straighten it all out as soon as he gets back from vacation.

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Clifford. Please. In words of one syllable and less than two paragraphs. What the hell is Folding @ home when its, errr, at home?? I've done a wee search but don't seem to be getting enlightened.

Reaction score
It's basically you donating your computer processing power for doing complex math in a research to finding cures for cancer and other illnesses.

You would download what is called a Client. After setting up the client, you would then run the Client which will download and complete a Work Unit. Once completed the Client will upload the results and download a new Work Unit.

These links should explain in more detail:

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Thanks Clifford for that. Its something I think I'll link into. Might make owning a PC worthwhile with all the carp I post!! Oh, and you used words with two or more syllables ya bugger!!

Reaction score
Which client did you download?

Judging by your Computer Specs, I would say the SMP2 Client would be the best.

Reaction score
Ohh and yodap took a vacation the other day. While he was headed out the door he had to take his main rig off-line due to a BSOD. This also accounts for production loss. I'm sure he will straighten it all out as soon as he gets back from vacation.
Yodap, you're more than welcome to post the crash dumps. :)

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll try to get a client running again on my comp.
Though, I'm not too sure if it'll survive. I mean, it BSODed when I ran LOIC to stress test my server .

LOIC (Low Orbit Ion Cannon) is an , written in C# and developed by praetox. It attempts to DDoS the target site by bandwidth raeping, sending TCP, UDP, or HTTP requests to the site.
Seriously, I was stress testing my server - I'm not that evil :evil:

Reaction score
Allot a good it did for me to ban you if you can still post messages. :lol:

I had to laugh when I noticed you added "Banned :D" below your name. :)

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Meh... The super power of FireCat combined with VIP has obliterated the meer "Super Moderator" . Jeez, you mods are sooo NOT powerfull . LOL

To stay on topic: just got Folding @ Home back on my comp :)

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I know how you feel. :(:(:(

I'll be able to spend time on it on Thurs hopefully.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Yodap, you're more than welcome to post the crash dumps. :)
Thanks. This was actually the first crash that generated a dump file. Un fortunately I'm 3000 miles away at the moment. And vacation is a very loose term for this trip.:)

Ask a Question