WinPatrol?

Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about WinPatrol? I do have it installed, and what it does is list all your programs. But I've read where it's excellent in weeding out viruses.

So, what does anyone else know about the program, and would it be helpful in weeding out viruses?

Thanks for your time.

dwdraw2

Reaction score
I use it but it really doesn't remove a virus. It will identify details about your system, like what opens at system startup, cookie detail, registry changes, and a host of very usable features. So you might see a file in the startup list that you can identify as a virus or spyware but other special purpose programs can do that job better and without your involvement.

Buy a good antivirus program.

Since you have Winpatrol you might consider Winpatrol Plus at a small extra charge. It will tell you what those oddly name EXE files actually do so you can decide if you want to stop them and speed up your computer.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your reply.

Maybe I might just use it occasionally for to check on programs running, it seems easier to use for identifying the programs you want to run. It seems like it has an extensive list of definitions for the programs that run mysteriously on one's machine. A good way to learn as to what programs are, and if they need to be running.

I just discovered last night, that it keeps a vigilant eye out on your "Host." Maybe that's a good thing? I do have the paid version, so it does offer some "Plus" features? Not quite sure what that might ... include?

Being that I had that "host" invasion and got it removed here, on 7Forum, maybe having WinPatrol monitoring the "host" would be a good idea?

Well, if you find anything else out let me know. I usually keep new programs on for about two weeks to see if they are worth anything.

There is another program that is suppose to be better than "Ccleaner." It's called "PrivaZer."I've been checking around and it seems to be legit. I've been reading their forum, seems to be good. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for your time, I do appreciate it.

dwdraw2

Ask a Question