WindowsMovieMaker 6.0

Reaction score
I use Win.7 Ultimate and have installed Win.MovieMaker 6.0 in 2011
The problem is that i cant imported videos Mp4 in this program only AVI files.
In the past there was no problem. I dont want to cover my videos from Mp4 to Avi or WMV

What can i do to solved this problem???

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Then you will need different software. From what I've read, that old Movie Maker can only make AVI or WMV. So if you do not want to convert from MP4 or back to MP4 after processing, then you will need different software.

Reaction score
I use Win.7 Ultimate and have installed Win.MovieMaker 6.0 in 2011
The problem is that i cant imported videos Mp4 in this program only AVI files.
In the past there was no problem. I dont want to cover my videos from Mp4 to Avi or WMV

What can i do to solved this problem???
A workaround.....
1. Make a copy of your MP4 file.
2. Use the copied MP4 file > right click > rename > change the extension to .mov ( dot mov ). You'll get warning for that. Just click Yes to confirm.
3. Import the .mov file to WMM 6.0

How is the result ?

Reaction score
Please give me a example.
Then you will need different software. From what I've read, that old Movie Maker can only make AVI or WMV. So if you do not want to convert from MP4 or back to MP4 after processing, then you will need different software.

Reaction score
please give me a example. (my Mp4 file 1204 video clips )

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I own Pinnacle Studio. Currently I believe it is on version 17 but it is paid software that I almost never use so I still have version 11.

I've never tried them myself but if you are looking for something free, check out this LIST of video editing software.

Last edited:
Reaction score
To TrainableMan, I have click in your message on LIST >> Download - but its not possible to download the program "EZVID",
This program looks the right program for me..But the message i get is : Oops ,page not found.
So if you can help me ??

ramon

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
That is just the first of many on that page. You have to go to their >>site<< and click ...
ezvid.jpg

It did attempt to start a download for me but if it doesn't work for you then I suggest you continue down the list and try others.