windows virtual pc : remote procedure call failed

Reaction score
hy guys ... help me please

I user windows 7 ... and I have a virtual pc to access the xp because there are some programs that do not work on windows 7 ..

then in this afternoon when I click to open a virtual pc windows xp .. always it says remote procedure call failed ...

how do I fix this without having to install it again virtual pc .. because there are few programs in there ...

thanks

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
angklung, welcome to the forum! Have you tried System Restore to correct this issue? It's a long shot, but it's worth trying.

I've found VM's to be very particular, it seems that the least little thing causes big problems, usually needing to be fixed by reinstalling it, or reverting to a prior system image. However, in my case, I don't have enough important data on it (the VM) to justify losing recent data on the host.

If this is for your job, I'd highly suggest Acronis True Image, where you can setup non-stop backup, therefore you lose nothing. If it's not important, and System Restore cannot repair it, it may be best to reinstall the XP Mode feature.

Best of Luck,
Cat

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Virtual XP must be able to be updated from the internet, this is normally done through Windows 7 update as a remote procedure to the XP environment and I suspect this is what may have had an error.

Even though you get the error, can you still get into XP mode? If so then try running Windows Update from the START menu inside XP mode (open Virtual PC, not just an application window that runs under XP mode).

You might also check the Windows 7 Updates and see if there is an update there for Virtual PC that hasn't installed properly.

Reaction score
thanks for the respons ...
i was tired to try and fix the virtual pc ...
*sigh ....
finaly .. i reinstall the virtual pc .. hopefully the problem is not repeated

thanks ...

Rhe

Ask a Question