Windows Update Problem

Reaction score
Originally, nothing I tried, and I tried everything in trying to fix Windows Update. It would notify me that I had updates waiting to be downloaded and then it would attempt to install, but they always "failed".
I did a factory reinstall and everything was like new with no problems installing Windows Updates.

NOW......Am having a curious problem since we did the factory re-install.

Everything was working fine and the computer was actually running faster than it used to.
I would normally run CCleaner once a week and on average CC would say there were around 500 files to be cleaned up.
But this week is the first time I used it since the factory reinstall and it showed almost 2,000 files to be cleaned up. After I let it do its job [ thinking it was the right thing to do], the windows update problem returned along with other stuff and the computer got slow again.
I did a system restore to a date right after the factory reinstall and everything was good again but I noticed that Windows had to do at least 24 updates and most of it was .NET Framework.

So, today I downloaded and used two other "CCleaner alternatives" and tried them to see if they showed the same results...and they did, supposedly there are over 2,000 files that need to be cleaned up.
This time I did not click on the "clean up" . I just wanted to see some of the files...and sure enough...it was NET Framework again !!!

Any advice as to what I can do would be appreciated. Thank you.

Untitled 1.jpg

Shintaro

Reaction score
You need .NET. You shouldn't delete it.
What is control Panel -> Windows update saying?

What about the event logs?

Reaction score
You need .NET. You shouldn't delete it.
What is control Panel -> Windows update saying?

What about the event logs?
I know I need NET Framework....That is why I am asking for help. I know very little about computers but like I explained in my post, I did a factory re-install after having a severe problem with Windows Updates being installed. After the fresh install, everything was fine until I tried to do the weekly "clean up" with CCleaner. Since the re-install, whenever I attempt to clean up junk files...it is deleting the .NET files also.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Ok, that is so strange.
Just to be 100% sure your downloading CCleaner from HERE. Correct?

When CCleaner starts could you please grab a screen shot of all the options that are ticked.

Reaction score
Thank you very much for wanting to help but it seems that the problem has corrected itself, [ if that is possible ].
I ran CCleaner again and this time it did not show the .NET files as junk files.
I have no idea what happened, but have run CCleaner 2 more times now and everything is back to normal.

Ask a Question