Windows Update Issue

Reaction score
Hi

Recently the default choice in Windows Update changed from "Check for updates but do not download or Install" to "Never check for updates", I have to change this manually every time I start the PC, has anyone any ideas what has caused this?
I am running Win 7 Pro 32 bit
I assume this has happened following an update
I have tried changing the default setting either from Control panel or the solve PC issues icon in the system tray but as there isn't a save or apply button on the screen following the change I can't see how I can get the required choice to stay

many thanks
Jim

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If the computer refuses to allow you to change it then it is most likely something in the registry.

It you have Professional or Ultimate then it could be something that was changed by Group Policy Editor. If you were playing with Local Group Policy settings then I would try reversing what you did.

Otherwise, I would suggest you try restoring your system to a restore point prior to when the issue started, if you have a restore point far enough back.

Reaction score
1. Start - Control Panel
2. windows update
3. Set Update
4. Important updates - Never check for updates (not recommended)
5. Determine

Handy Zubehör

Last edited:

Ask a Question