Windows Photo Viewer

Reaction score
Specs:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1993 Mb (2GB)
Graphics Card: Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset, 772 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 114370 MB, Free - 32464 MB; E: Total - 99 MB, Free - 61 MB; F: Total - 152588 MB, Free - 16603 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 3048h, MXL0190NY3
Antivirus: Panda Cloud Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Why is this pic viewer so inferior to XP's and why hasn't anything been done about it?

Why are there no options/preferences to be adjusted that might fix problems like overly pixilated photos?

Why can't this OS remember folder settings longer than a couple days?

Why the hell did I upgrade? Oh yeah, that was a hardware issue (spilled watered down soda on my laptop)

BUT IT STILL STARTS UP! And XP still has a far superior image viewer.

*In my mind from personal experience trying to remedy this*

Some random MS Rep; There are no 3rd party clones of Windows Picture and Fax. Oh no, but they're SO MUCH BETTER!

Me; No, no they're not.

Some random MS Rep; BUT YOU CAN EDIT THEM AND FLIP THEM AND PICK THEM OFF THE SCREEN AND SHOVE THEM UP YOUR A...

Me; No, I don't want to do any of that, I just simply want to view my pictures in the order I put them in with the least amount of pixilation (is that even a word?)

Some random MS Rep; Oh really? Guess you're SCREWED!

Me; Finally, we can agree.

Some random MS Rep; Thanks for your money, SUCKER!

Me; Yeah, right...lovely.

*Dream sequence ended*

I'm really trying to grasp...how you people can create a photo viewer, something people use as often as they do the internut or video players, that hideously pixilates images saved from XP Home 32 bit machines. You people, you literally cock a shotgun, put it to my head and tell me to upgrade every few years. I fight it as long as I can, because MS doesn't need more money and I can't do with less. And eventually, it's my own clumsy self that causes the upgrade...so I get this new and improved machine (Beware of all that is "new and improved" when there were no problems with the old product to begin with) and the hundreds of thousands of photos I've saved and gone to great lengths to preserve....all intolerably pixilated from a simple double click.

Now, you can run the slide show and it seems to smooth it out. But there's no zoomig in and out. There are no options to make backing up as easy as going forward IN the slide show. So that officially renders Windows Photo Viewer completely and totally useless to me.

Also, yes, I'm aware of the XP Mode download. I have it. It hangs. It's slow. It does show the pictures correctly, but it takes a while to load and it's just not effective in our microwave society.

This isn't so much a cry for help. See, I can search the internet, make corrections myself, do all sorts of things people new to computers can't. At the same time, I'm not a programmer. That's not the path I chose in life. Code...it hurts my head.

This is more of a venting thing because I'm not the only person to complain about this. And yet...nothing. Microsoft hasn't stepped up, no updates address the issue. 3rd Party software, the little virus vectors they've become on toxic sites like cnet and whatever, take your pick, haven't stepped up, either.

I'm not sure anyone can help me here. I'm not sure if anyone wants to, since my tone might come off as being a bit frustrated. Which is good, because I'm not just "a bit frustrated"...I WANT TO SMASH THINGS. So I'm being cool, actually. Very composed.

Windows Picture and Fax viewer clone for Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit that DOESN'T ruin our photo viewing experience. Please. Pretty please, with sugar on top. It's all I want for Christmas. You can keep my two front teeth.

Ask a Question