SOLVED Windows Media Center

Reaction score
I have a TV tuner but when WMC scans for the signals it gets so far then freezes or my computer reboots itself. I know the signal and hardware are ok and I didnt have any problems a few weeks ago when configured it to the TV tuner.
Is it possible to reinstall WMC or to fix it.
I have been advised to go to Tasks/settings/windows media setup/install, but I don't know how to perform this, where is tasks?
If I install windows 7 from within windows would this correct the problem?

Thank you

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Start up your Windows Media Center, On the main menu list you should have a Tasks option. Click that and navigate into General > Windows Media Center Setup > Run Setup Again

You should see a confirmation box to continue, select Yes. I've found that the Default choice for Setup seems to fix most problems so go that route.

Reaction score
Thanks for that, just tried it and I get the same problem.
Thanks again for info tho

Reaction score
WMC is a CPU hog on my machine (AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 5200) and often reports Low Bit Transfer error and briefly freezing video or skipping audio when it runs out of CPU availability. Also, the video is grainy.

Without the WMC TV, my CPU cores spend 50% of the time at 0% utilization and peaking at 25% utilization per the AMD Power Monitor gadget. With WNC Live TV, both cores are at 100% about 15% of the time. Under both test conditions I was running TDAmeritrade Command Center with streaming stock market data.

What type of TV adapter are you using? I'm using a KWorld PlusTV HD USB 315U. It worked better with the KWorld included SW, but I have not tried to install that since I switched to Win 7.

Reaction score
Hi,
I had the updated drivers installed and thats when I had no problems with the TV tuner,however I found that Ashampoo Win optimizer, had deleted it along with other drivers. I then did a system restore from before win optimizer but its did not correct the problem. I updated the TV tuner drivers manually and its now up and running.

Thank you
My TV Tuner is WinTV Nova-T-USB2

Thanks everyone for helping me solve this problem

Ask a Question