SOLVED Windows Live & Skydrive.

Reaction score
Could not quite classify my query so tossed it in here, more a Microsoft query then a Windows 7 one.
Okay so we got ourselves new Nokia mobile phones and want to set up skydrive for cloud saving of data.

Now the missue had no issue setting up windows live account and skydrive as she'd never had any windows live programs before.

I on the other hand used to use hotmail as well as messenger but don't use them anymore.

Trying to set up skydrive under the primary email account it wont accept me registering as a new user and will only accept my old hotmail/msn messenger login details which I don't want to do as I don't use them.

Tried to close my hotmail account and apparently it stays "semi-active" for 270 days just in case I want to come back. I'm afraid to log into messenger in case it restarts everything again.

So finally to the question. How can I set up my Windows live with my primary email account and not having it keep defaulting back to my hotmail login details.

Reaction score
Ok. by a roundabout way (why are some things so needlessly tedious) I've managed to get Skydrive registered under my primary email address.

I'm not game to try starting MSN Messenger again in case it makes it default back to the old Hotmail addy.

Ask a Question