SOLVED Windows Features Gone

Reaction score
When I do Control Panel / Programs and Features / Turn Windows Features on or off, I now get a blank box. I looked all over and I found out I'm not alone with this. I tried everything I could find, but nothing helped... maybe someone here is smarter than them.

Reaction score
sfc /scannow
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

...it ain't that or the hotfix either

Reaction score
Or this:

reg delete HKLM\COMPONENTS /v StoreDirty
Delete the registry value StoreDirty (Yes/No)? y
ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Best guess it is an issue with you registry. Have you tried restoring to a restore point prior to the problem showing up?

Reaction score
Not sure which thread this was hiding in, but it solved that problem, while creating others. With Windows running "normally," I inserted the CD and chose Install Now, then Update. It went through a few steps, went to reboot itself, then did BSOD.

So I removed my trickery: uninstalled Rollback and genericized the MBR to remove Grub. Then I tried again. After reactivating, it worked and fixed the Features problem, but the two hundred accompanying updates are still taking forever.

The upgrade doesn't seem to have done much other than fixing said problem and forcing me to install endless updates, reenact my trickery, reinstall and rescan AVG and more to come, I'm sure.

...not sure I needed it that bad.

Last edited:

Ask a Question