Windows Fax and Scan

Reaction score
I am using a digital phone. Fax and scan will dial and handshake than try to send Fax. After about 6 seconds a busy signal occurs. Have previously faxed with this phone line before. I have read that you cannot Fax on a digital(Internet) line and I have also read that this is possible.I have changes the Baud to 9600 and have confirmed that in Services,MSC the FAX is set to automatic. Have tried snappy Fax and it seems to send with no problem. I am at a loss and hope someone out there can enlighten me.

Thanx
Gary

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
From what I can find in search, it is not advised. Some say at a low baud rate, connecting with a twisted pair phone line, and if you disable compression, it might work or at least seem to work for a while.

Reaction score
TMan u may be right-I have read all the articles and tried all the solutions. The problem being that the Fax worked for years with a digital line. I had to reload win 7 a while back and that seems to be the time it stopped. It is a Quandry and any help from this forum would be appreciated. Again it had worked and now it dosen't. Thanks for your feedback.

Gary

Ask a Question