Windows Explorer Memory Leak Help!

Reaction score
Shintaro, please help me in this issue and sorry if it is the wrong forums..
I have noticed whenever I right-click on desktop the Memory Usage for Windows Explorer increases. I am looking at Task Manager.. This is a screenshot, see how much RAM it used!!!!
upload_2014-7-31_0-26-28.jpeg

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

Click on the little triangle to the left of Windows Explorer. That will expand the list as to what is using memory.

Reaction score
I went further into this issue. I have been genius. :) :)
Logically and simply, the issue occurs when I right-click anywhere in an empty space.

And I noticed it when the nVIDIA driver is installed.

So I thought to remove the "nVIDIA Control Panel context menu" from Right-Click, I searched online on how to do that and issue is gone. I tried it more few times to re-check (Add the key for nVIDIA control panel right click) and then remove it. Whenever the nVIDIA Control Panel context menu is shown along with the Intel graphics latest driver in the Right-Click, the issue occurs, and whenever the nVIDIA Control Panel context menu is removed from Right-Click leaving only the Intel Control Panel, the issue goes away

However, this issue doesn't occur when an older driver for Intel Graphics is installed as I said before even if nVIDIA Control Panel Context menu is shown in Right-Click.

So, looks like this sounds a conflict with both the Context Menus for nVIDIA and Intel (The new version)?

Reaction score
So, should I stick with the older version of Intel Graphics driver for now?
Also Dell forums told me not to install updated drivers from Intel website or nVIDIA.

But remember Shintaro!! The first BSOD I got indicated to igfx and you told me to update the Intel Graphics driver!!
Maybe it was a virus that caused this BSOD related to the Intel Graphics Driver?
Also, that time "Windows Defender" was disabled by McAfee since I purchased the laptop, it was disabled for 2 months and McAfee was not doing anything.

Shintaro

Reaction score
On my HP Envy I have to run an older Intel Driver as well as an older AMD Radeon driver.
So when I see a new version of the Intel Driver and the AMD Driver I test them out. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it crashes the computer.

Quite often the add-in software like context menu's or tweaking programs from Nvidia or AMD cause crashes. So I would often remove any software from AMD or NVidia and only install the drivers. So I would suggest that you try just installing the drivers, unless you need the Nvidia software.

Could have been a virus, I'm not sure. I would suggest that you run regular scans.

Reaction score
Well, this time with Windows 8.1 Enterprise installed, I didn't get the same BSOD indicating the graphics driver while running the same game that caused the first BSOD previously.
So may this was a virus?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Could simply be an incompatibility with the driver.

It is really hard to say if it was a virus.

Ask a Question