SOLVED Windows address book in Windows 7

Reaction score
I am using Windows 7 Home Premium. In XP I had no problems at all in using OFOTO Now. It will not go past the very first stage in Windows 7 before a message appears telling me that I must have Windows address book installed, and that I should download and install the latest version of Internet Explorer. My version is 8.0.7600.16385.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Windows address book has been replaced with Windows Contacts, but if OfotoNow is an old bit of software then it may not be able to detect this.

From what I can tell, OfotoNow is about 9 years old. What do you need this software for exactly, as we may be able to suggest a free alternative that would do a better job :)

Reaction score
Its main use to me as always been as just about the best red eye remover out of all those tried, and I also use it to crop photos. According to whatever frames 'Er indoors has available it will crop to exact size formats. Other programs leave the user to trace lines round the are they require to crop. They have no facility to crop to say 6 X 4 format, or 8 X 5 format etc. They usually offer sizes in pixels. The OFOTO crop tool does not claim to crop to an exact size, just that particular format. I am then able to use Photo printer as a printing program to fit various numbers of photos onto A4 paper. I hope I have explained this properly. Thanks for the offer of help.:):):)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think Google Picasa should be able to do all of those things, and it's a free download (http://picasa.google.co.uk/). It has a good red-eye removal tool and I'm pretty sure you can crop sizes like you want too :)

Reaction score
I will have a look at that later, many thanks. The important thing for me is NOT the exact size of say 6 X 4, or 7 X 5, but that the photos end up in that particular format proportion. I don't know if I am putting this very well. There is nothing worse than to print a photo and when it is in the frame, there is a white strip top and bottom, or alternatively up both sides. 'Er indoors picks up a lot of frames from charity shops both for her own water colours and for photo's, and we have no guarentee as to the format. My printing program can print any number of prints per A4 sheet, from 1, or two, or four, or eight etc, and the photos will automaticlly reduce to fit to the edges of the frame, but the format size matters.

http://www.arcsoftsupport.com/products/photoprinter/oem.asp

Reaction score
Downloaded and installed it. It is not ideal in one respect. I allowed it to search for photos, and it included just about every picture on the computer, so I uninstalled it. This time I did not allow it to scan, and I am able to open one folder at a time and edit individual photos. I would have liked a 6 X 4 format choice to be included, but all in all I think it will do more or less what I want. Thanks again.:)

Reaction score
After having a good run with Picassa yesterday I am quite happy with it now. Like all programs it took a wee bit of sorting out at first. I have not allowed any photos to sit in the program permanently, I just import the ones I want to crop, save then and then delete the new folder. All nice and clean this way. Thanks again for the help.

Ask a Question