Windows 7 Windows Update Crash build 7600 RTM

Reaction score
When I try to run windows update it just keeps searching for about 5-10 minutes then hits me with a system error message that the app crashed. The only thing I am finding online related to this is about the old RC1.

Anyone experience this problem? This is build 7600 right from the MSDN site, is active and legit.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
figured it out, if you are having the same issue, stop the windows update service, and deleted everything inside "C:\windows\SoftwareDistrubution\" then restart the service.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for reporting the solution sk8ersublime, that's a huge help to others with the same problem :)

Welcome to the forums :ciao:

Reaction score
Thank you sk8erslime! I've been looking for the solution to this same problem for days and this is the first bit of information. Your solution worked perfectly, Windows Update worked right afterward. Did your system also freeze up every once in a while or when loading an application? (BTW, this is also on a fresh 7600 build from the MSDNAA site. Maybe the download is messed up?)

Ask a Question