Windows 7 Ultimate german download

Reaction score
Does anyone have download links (not torrents) for windows 7 ultimate german 32/64 bit iso?
i have looked everywhere on the internet.the highest version i found on this forum was windows 7 professional.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Nein, nicht auf Deutsch.

But supposedly you can download W7 SP1 Professional in German then edit the ISO to delete /sources/ei.cfg. Burn this modded version and it should allow you to install any version for which you have a valid key. See how HERE.

You should decide whether you want 64-bit (x64) or 32-bit (x86) because there really is no need to download both.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Dave, I actually found that link when searching too but the Ultimate links there are only English.

Nibs link is a direct link to W7 SP1 64-bit Professional in German. And I also just realized my link to the W7 SP1 page is messed up so I fixed that.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
From davehc:
There is some discussion at the moment, as to the legitimacy of digital river downloads
Dave, are you talking about the legitimacy of the Digital River download itself? As DR is the online provider for MS to provide the ISO image downloads. On the other hand, is it the fact of an individual accessing the download?

Just curious, that's all.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
TM. Thjat is correct. But they are all on the DVD. I don't think it is appropriate to discuss the way to unlock ultimate from the Pro release? Of course, you would need the correct key also!
Nibs. It was just a discussion in another forum. Veyr interesting feeedback though. Briefly, according to Microsoft's own "book of Rules", it is illegal to download their software from third party sources. In spite of enquiries, they would not, or could not, confirm that Dig, or Softpedia, was one such. But the story started from this article here:

http://ask-leo.com/where_can_i_download_windows_7.html

In view of MS's activation procedures, I don't personally know why there would be such a proviso regarding the downloading. It is the illegitamate use of a faked or hacked key which would make it illegal, surely.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What do you mean "they are all on the DVD"? Even the English links to Ultimate on that website are NOT to Digital River, note the "Unofficial" tag;

I think the OP is safer to start with a German version of Pro from well-known Digital River and simply delete one file before burning it.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Well, the links I have provided in the Installation thread as a "sticky" are legitimate Digital River downloads.

Yes, all four editions are on the install DVD or ISO image download to create a DVD. It's the ei.cfg text file that signifies to the install whether or not the installer gets a Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate edition.

I posted that tutorial on how to do that over 2 years ago. Cliff and Ian never had issues with it back then. Once that text file is eliminated and the resulting ISO is burned to a DVD, during the install process it offers up a window asking the installer to choose between the four editions.

Ask a Question