Windows 7 System Restore question

Reaction score
Does anyone on the forum know of a way to setup Windows 7's System Restore, so that it automatically creates Restore Point's every 12 hours ?

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
I think there is an option in the settings.. but that'll make an awfull lot of restore points, and your hard drive won't have any space left on it.

Windows makes a restore point each time you install a software or update. That should be enough.

Reaction score
Drive space isn't issue for me

My os drive is a 1 gb. WD Caviar Black. It's only got 33 gbs. out of 931 gbs. used. I pretty much clean my drives daily. I also have a second WD Caviar Black 1.0 Tb. for all Users files. It's only used up like 113 gbs and has the sames 932 gbs. accessable to it.
I think there is an option in the settings.. but that'll make an awfull lot of restore points, and your hard drive won't have any space left on it.

Windows makes a restore point each time you install a software or update. That should be enough.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Uh sure, but a restore point a day isn't needed. Windows automaticly makes a restore point before each update and software install, as I allready said.

You CAN schedule it to run everyday, but I don't think you can change the location, so your OS drive will fill up and give you an error about "out of memory"

If you really think something bad is going to happen, just backup your data regularly on a separate drive.

Reaction score
I remember a Reg Hack for Vista

I remeber there was a registry hack for System Restore in Vista. I can't for the life of me remeber which registry key needed to be changed. Windows 7 on my computer doesn't make a restore point every time you install software. After NIS 2011 found a threat on Saturday, I cleaned all Restore Poiints. Today I installed a addon in Firefox called KeyScramble Personal which also installed in IE 8. This addon protects against anything you type and scrambles it, so keyloggers get jibberish. Anyway I checked with Ccleaner > Tools > System Restore and there's only one restore point listed that I manually mad last night.
Uh sure, but a restore point a day isn't needed. Windows automaticly makes a restore point before each update and software install, as I allready said.

You CAN schedule it to run everyday, but I don't think you can change the location, so your OS drive will fill up and give you an error about "out of memory"

If you really think something bad is going to happen, just backup your data regularly on a separate drive.

Reaction score

Ask a Question