Windows 7 Starter ISO

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a used IBM computer which came with win 7 enterprise. The thing is that it is slow with the enterprise edition so I am planning to install the Starter edition. Can anyone tell me where I can find this starter edition ISO from please??

Thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
bassfisher is correct, you cannot take your "enterprise" product key and use it on a "starter" installation.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
And besides that, I doubt it will improve your performance. The core components are pretty much the same.

It would be better to determine why it is slow, then go from there. For example, do you have enough RAM and enough free disk space? Is the system free of clutter? Free of malware? How much is being loaded with Windows you don't need?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
One major difference between starter and Ultimate/Enterprise is the Aero features, which aren't recommended for netbooks/low-power PCs so you might try disabling that and see if it helps. So go to Control Panel>Personalization and choose a basic theme rather than an Aero theme and see if you notice improvement.

Last edited:

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I completely forgot about Aero features. :eek: Aero can bog down a lessor system - in particular an older computer with lessor integrated graphics and low amounts of RAM, or even a newer computer with a modern integrated graphics, but still with low amounts of RAM.

However, as TrainableMan correctly noted, the advanced graphics features can be disabled - a better option than stepping back to the Starter version.

See the differences here.

Ask a Question