Windows 7 slow on Intel Celeron?

Reaction score
hey everybody, two weaks ago i install windows 7, and my pc working very slow i don't know what is the problems.

system requirements:

Processor: Intel Celeron 450 (e-mail address removed),
Memory: 4GB RAM ddr2 800mhz,
HardDisk: 250GB,
Graphics: Intel G33,G31 chipset family 256mb.

Sorry for my english because from macedonia :)

Reaction score
Specifically a celeron CPU?
I"ve seen the socket 478 celeron perform about 60-80% the speed of equivelant P4 CPU's in benchmarks and etc.
However in windows itself, they've always been rediculously slow.

Maybe because of the super low cache, i'm not interested enuogh to try and place the blame on a specific attribue of the Celeron class CPU to be honest, i'd just rather avoid them entirely.

Reaction score
slower than pentium equivelant, faaar slower than same generation AMD cpu's even.
Now that's damn slow.

http://xtreview.com/review188.htm
Right down the bottom are some gaming benchmarks like F.E.A.R 1024x768
As you can see in this next link even the athlon 4600+ X2 gets double the performance of the celeron 440.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/core2-duo-knocks-athlon-64,1282-12.html

Clifford; I've seen vista running extremely slow on a Pentium D 1.5ghtz i don't foresee the Celerons being any exception.
It might not seem very slow to you, however frankly, it is.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Uhh the celeron is liek the AMD 3 core, some thing didnt make the bench test so they relabled it and markeded it cheeper then standard

Plus celeron is the crapest proc I have ever used in my life. I belive the celeron has a level of cache that didnt make the cut and is disabled now reason for slow speeds. one cant compare any celeron to a AMD, AMD will otu bench mark the celeron any time of day.

I have the Pentium D 830, which I have seen at 3.2Ghz otu work some of thier core 2 duo of today, ( LGA 775)
But it also depends on the other system too. only way you can compare benchmarks is if the systems are = set up form hardware to software and configured exzactly the same. if not its liek comparing two of the same muscle cars but one has a tricked out engine. just nto fair to do

Rember background services, registry pullution, software installed. are all factors in performance and can make or break a bench test. thats why I laugh at the AMD/Intel benchtests. enless you are using straight procs non of th3 AMD Intel software you will see different resualts. If i rember correctly AMD has OC software, Intel doesnt. so the software stabilizes the proc where intel has nothing to stablize it
IDK im jsut rambling on it have fun

P.S. what is a good bench testing software (free)

Ask a Question