Windows 7 Re Download

Reaction score
I have been trying for 2 days, to re download Windows 7. When I went to the Windows 7 Recovery download,filled in all information, asked for Product Code,I typed in and said they could not download because the Windows 7 was preloaded. Below is a statement I placed in the Windows Forum, as of yet no successful solutions. Please,...can someone help me?....Thanks...
"I previously contacted support about the inability to download Windows 10. I then was contacted and encouraged to use 'media tool' (sorry if I said that wrong), but the techie gave me a link to use and I used it. Everything was going real well, took some time and on my screen I was informed what steps the computer was going through, as it got to the final step of installation of Window 10,....then all of a sudden, this is the message I received " Couldn't install Windows 10 OxC9000101-Ox30017, Installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during BOOT operation". Then the computer said it was going back to original Windows, that being Windows 7. Well, here lies the problem, now my Windows 7 has all kinds of dll problems, and I mean a lot of dll problems. In other works I have several web page icons, and when I try and click on any one of them, it tells me the dll is missing.

I tried to go (on the Microsoft site) and re-download Windows 7,....no success. All I am trying to do is get back to my Windows to work. I have product code, I have activation code,...no success.

Here is advice I got, and I couldn't find it on my Windows menu "Settings--->Update and Security--->Recovery--->Reset This PC---> Get Started and Look For Restore Factory Settings" I cannot find the way this is explained,.....what am I doing wrong here?"

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The W7 download was available for years but Microsoft now limits it and it is not available to OEM users. Whenever upgrading any OS it is recommended you first create a system back-up/image.

If your PC came with W7 preinstalled there are normally two methods possible for recovery, either it has a recovery partition hidden on the hard drive or when the machine was booted the first time it would have instructed you to burn Recovery CDs/DVDs. You can contact the manufacturer of your PC and see about buying recovery disks for it if you don't have either of those.

You might also try the W7 ISO links from THIS POST. Please note those files are outside of this site and are also not on an official Microsoft site. I would scan them for viruses as you should with all downloads, but they are likely legitimate copies.

Ask a Question