Windows 7 pro

Reaction score
I have just bought a new WD Black 1tb year 2014. I ran the install of windows which formatted the drive and began installing the OS.Everything went fine except at the end a pop up said it could not be installed due to some harware incompatiblity! I am confused as I have been running Win 7 pro with no problems on my older HDD.
Can anyone help.

• Manufacturer: Asus
    Form factor: microATX - 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)
  • Chipset:
    • Northbridge chipset: Intel G33 Express

• Southbridge chipset: Intel ICH9R
  • Memory sockets: 4 x DDR2

• Front side bus speeds: 1333/1066/800 MHz

• Processor socket: 775

• Expansion Slots:
    • 1 PCI x16 slot for graphics card

• 2 PCI x1 slots

• 1 PCI slot

Reaction score
Has it stopped in the same place more than one? If so something could have happened to the install media.

Do you have additional devices that could be disconnected during the install? Devices such as printers, wireless adapters, USB sticks, and memory card readers. You can also try installing with only one memory stick installed.

Reaction score
What ever I try it always stops at the very last point of completing the installation and then reports the error. I tried cloning the os from my old drive to this new one and it booted fine. However I would like to do a clean install from my disk. I'm not sure but I wonder if it may have anything to do with it being a newer hdd and maybe needing the win7 pro sp1 rather than just win 7 pro.

Reaction score
Managed to download a copy of windows 7 pro sp1 to use with my original key. This installed without a hitch. Only thing I can think of that has changed since my original win 7 pro (no sp1) installation is my graphics card. So maybe the sp1 has an added driver or something.
Just one other strange ocurance going back to when I cloned my old disk to new disk. It cloned fine except that on the new clone, on the search box where you click 'see more results' nothing happens, and win update doesn't work as if parts of the os are broken, yet its a complete clone. Really strange.

Note:
Just as an experiment, I used my original win pro disk in Virtualbox and that installed fine. So must be my graphics card or something that prevented the original without sp1 from installing.

Last edited:

Ask a Question