windows 7 os free trial

Reaction score
can i avail of windows xp Operating System free trial? please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hi pinesphil16 - Welcome to w7forums

Am I understanding correctly, you asking for a free trial to Windows XP?
Or are you asking for a free trial to Windows 7 instead?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
What about MS-DOS 6.22? There a trial for it?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Except that link that Clifford provided, there's no free lunch with Windows. Hang around until the next beta of Windows is released, if your computer can run it, that's free for a while.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
No, but you can get them on eBay for $10 to $30. I was in my early twenties when that stuff ran. There was even 3.1 systems on there. But not for free.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
That's great! Love your sense of humor, kinda dry and sarcastic like mine! :rofl: :bandit::canabis:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
What about a trial of one of those Mac OS's? Their computers sells for so much, they can afford to give a free trial away.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
What about a trial of one of those Mac OS's? Their computers sells for so much, they can afford to give a free trial away.
Because Steve Jobs and the "cult" of APPLE won't allow it!

You HAVE to buy MY hardware (read desktops and laptops) to use MY OS!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Because Steve Jobs and the "cult" of APPLE won't allow it!

You HAVE to buy MY hardware (read desktops and laptops) to use MY OS!
Just joking! I hear that half of those Mac users don't even know how to use their computer. There's a ton of them (a lot of them nearly new) on the online sites for sale. They must not be so good, if so many want's to unload them. I'm not into fashion statements, I want something that works, like Windows 7 does.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I read that article, and for a system that's so pricey, you shouldn't be having these troubles. At least they're acknowledging the problem and giving a fair solution. Unlike Toyota, who places the blame on their part suppliers and drivers. Sacrificing quality for quantity is never the answer. Back to the topic: There's no free lunch with Windows, you want a free OS, look no further than Linux. You have many "distros" from which to choose. After a few weeks, the $149 to $199 price of Windows 7 Home Premium (if your PC can run it) will seem reasonable to you.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
/sigh... You call that getting back on topic?

Mac sucks because it's not Windows.
Linux sucks because I don't know how to use it.
Nothing is better than Windows.
Microsoft can do no wrong.
Where have I heard that before? Oh, right...your every other post. :bird:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
/sigh... You call that getting back on topic?

Where have I heard that before? Oh, right...your every other post. :bird:
Three out of those four statements are fairly true, the exception being the Linux one. You spend five months, 10 to 12 hours daily trying to learn an OS and can't get a straight answer on how to make a simple printer work justifies my stand on Linux. I want an OS "that just works", and Windows has served me well over the years. And apparently, over 90% of the computing population agrees with the last two statements, according to the usage figures. A free lunch isn't always as appetizing as one that you pay for.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If I install a trial version, can I install from that to a full licensed one? And is the trial version easier to install? Been trying to install a full version for some time now with no luck whatsoever, but if I get a trial version up and running quickly, then try to re-install the full version, would that make it better/easier?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
If I install a trial version, can I install from that to a full licensed one? And is the trial version easier to install? Been trying to install a full version for some time now with no luck whatsoever, but if I get a trial version up and running quickly, then try to re-install the full version, would that make it better/easier?
You can get a 90 day trial of Enterprise from the Microsoft Download Center. You have to activate it within 10 days. As far as I know, the "trial" installs the same as retail. But after the 90 days, you may have to reinstall a full version. And Welcome to the fourms, getsmart! Hope things work out for you.

Reaction score
Thank you catilley, the version I'm trying to install is Windows 7 Ultimate, and if the trial version is installed in the same manner as I've been trying to do so with my full version of Ultimate, then I'm still at square one. Plus I don't think my license key would work with Enterprise. I'm trying some things at the moment and if they still do not work I may start a new thread with my issues and hope for the best with some help. Looks like a very good forum so I'm optimistic. Thanks again.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Come back anytime, getsmart! This is an excellent forum, and many people willing to help you anytime you need it.

Ask a Question