Windows 7 offers US Customers Only

Reaction score
Microsoft has been doing lots of early back-to-school and other kinds of promotions for Windows 7 in recent months. I haven’t seen the company do much to entice potential customers to buy the Professional version of the product, though, until now.
Windows 7 Professional is the Windows 7 SKU targeted primarily at small business users. To get these customers to bite, Microsoft is offering them a $100 Southwest Airlines voucher. The details (from a June 22 “Windows for Your Business” blog post):
“Buy Windows 7 Professional or Windows 7 Professional upgrade at Amazon.com between now and July 16 and get a $100 USD voucher to use on your next Southwest Airlines business trip at SWABIZ.com. If you’re interested, you can go to Amazon.com to purchase and Amazon.com will email you a voucher code that you can redeem at SWABIZ.com, Southwest Airlines’ self-managed booking tool for small businesses to book air, car and hotel reservations.”
Windows 7 Professional normally retails for between $260 and $300 (U.S.) for the full version and $160 and $200 (U.S.) for the upgrade version.
Speaking of Windows 7 offers, Microsoft added a couple new ones to its “dads and grads” list of promotions earlier this week. Here are the details:

• The Microsoft online Store is offering an HP Pavilion DM4 with Windows 7 Home Premium and an Xbox 360 Arcade for $794. This $200-off offer is only available for a limited time and is only for those in the U.S.
  • Students not in the market for a new PC, but who want to upgrade to Windows 7, can get Windows 7 Professional via an upgrade offer $29.99 (”the lowest price available on any Windows 7 upgrade,” the Softies say). The offer is available in Australia, Canada, France, Korea, Mexico, the UK, and the US and to qualify, students need a valid college or university email address (in the U.S. that’s a .edu address). The offer expires after September 6.
  • Looks like the back to school ideas work Office priced for student sold more than 7 million copies in USA alone,awesome marketing,now they are giving win 7 offers for the young & old users.Go for it Microsoft win as many customers as possible there is competition out there being SORT AFTER so this is getting things going now.
  • Have a great day everyone
  • regards
  • jeffreyobrien
  • http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft...romotion-yet/6641?alertspromo=&tag=nl.rSINGLE

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Thanks Jeffrey! I saw this yesterday I believe on Tom's Hardware site.

It's a great offer for college and other students.

Reaction score
Hello,
yes as I am a (Grandfather) I read it & thought this was a great idea (Marketing wise) for my grandchildren but like all things said and done we will wait for the Australian Promotion starts here next Saturday.

On another note we Aussies are worried we have been informed that President Obama has requested to Shut down the Internet so the SECURITY of all Banks,Business,Governments,Social Security,Airports,Hospitals,Electricity companies ,Just about every way into business,banks,etc will be Blocked out because in USA each day there are over 1.8 million attacks(most done elsewhere) on these exact institutions and as terrorists,Criminals,are stealing,Frauding,Hacking,to financially Fund $$$ for these attacks.(ie)911

Us Internet users well we are left behind to clean up all the leftovers.I mean did you know that the USA (CIA) IT Cyber team Security delete 2,000,000 FAKE WEBSITES, 1,000,000 Trojans,Virus,and they shut down 5,000,000 email & ISP accounts Daily that are connected to all the above criminal elements I suppose at the end of the day we all will be a lot more secure but it gives me THAT BIG BROTHER FEELING they are watching us all the time.

Well I got right off track here but I feel strongly about this being done to help protect what we love so much about the INTERNET in other ways it worries me a bit that this will make a lot of changes to our every day lives being controlled by Governments & because the Internet is & has always been owned by US Presidential Office,its just never had any president actually want to act & do these positive changes (they say)it is only a matter of time as President Obama has been given the 52 digit alpha numeric encrypted code which shuts it down.

I hope whatever changes he (President Obama) makes puts an end to most of the attackers,one thing it will do is change the way all computer users go about their daily lives.have a great weekend every one
respectfully
jeffreyobrien

Windows 7 offers US Customers Only

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I just hope that the president holds his word regarding "A Chicken in Every Pot", where the approximate 100 million homes that doesn't have internet access will have it. And the speeds of 100mbps that he promised by 2014 will happen. As for security, we will probably have to continue to defend ourselves, and I don't have a problem with that. I just had to nuke the drive on my notebook and start from scratch. No big deal, everyone needs to learn how to do it, as well as backing up their data. What we need is the promised service to those who lacks it, and the increased speed as well, at no further cost to us. After all, there was a massive stimulus package passed a couple of years ago, and infrastructure was one of the mentioned items on the list. Internet falls within this category.

If these things are delivered, I and many others will be happy. 100mbps is fast, it would be good to see. And in 2010, there's no legit reason that any US home shouldn't have internet service, unless they choose not to have it.

Ask a Question