Windows 7 OEM prices revealed

Reaction score
Oyyy.co.uk is selling Windows 7 Home Premium OEM for £82, a saving of £68 on the full edition's price of £150.
Windows 7 Professional OEM will cost around £110 (a saving of £110 on the full version's price of £220); Ultimate OEM will cost around £140 (a saving of £90 on the full version's price of £230).

As usual, the UK OEM prices are significantly inflated from the US prices. Currently, Windows 7 Home Premium OEM is selling for $110 (around £69). Professional OEM is selling for $140 (around £88) and Ultimate OEM is selling for $190 (around £119).

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/news/269632/windows-7-oem-prices-revealed.html?CMP=NLC-Newsletters

Reaction score
Wow they really charge a lot.
That may be partially due to the fact that Microsoft is here in the US. They have to pay shipping, tarriffs, taxes, and other fees associated with selling a product in another country. I still think the prices listed are a little high(or a lot high), even after all the fees.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
After many here in the UK suffered the Windows Vista disappointment will the general public be prepared and trust Microsoft to pay again or look toward a free operating system (eg) Linux ?

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
"will the general public be prepared and trust Microsoft to pay again"
From current reports, it looks like many will. Pre sales are already expected to top Vista. over the same period.
Bearing in mind the state of world economy, I would say it looks very optimistic for Microsoft.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Unless you are running a basic Linux setup, I do not feel it's fully viable to do "everything" that Windows does. Not a fault of Linux but of the fact that Windows is still the most used operating system and manufactures can't be bothered to make a Linux version.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Dave wrote

I would say it looks very optimistic for Microsoft.
Lets hope so, i believe Windows 7 will be the best thing since Windows XP.

Linux, I ran Mandriver 2008 for some time and its good ... but not as good as Windows 7 ;).

Reaction score
I agree with veedaz, I have tried Mandy 2009 for a while, also PC Linux OS is a good linux based system. One thing I do not like about linux is the KDE4, I prefered the KDE3 environment. Not a fan of gnome, but thats just personal preferences.

How ever back on topic. ... :)

Nice to see the prices for OEM out. On saying that comparing the price difference between the US and UK I think it is ridiculous. We always tend to get screwed this side of the atlantic! and its not only Microsoft who are at it with inflating the prices of their goods

Ask a Question