Windows 7 Media Player

Reaction score
I have a new HP with Windows 7. All was fine until I opened a camera card to dl pictures into the picture file. Now the Windows Media Player is updating all images of the interent home pages or any site I go to.These images are going into my pictures folder...hundreds of them. When they are deleted they continue to come back. Nothing tried has stopped the constant updating of images. How can I stop this continued updating and pictures I don't want in my pictures library? I am ready to return the new computer and go back to Windows Vista.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I have a new HP as well, sometimes the file system may be corrupt, mine was. What you can do is start over fresh, because you have a recovery partition. But you should create recovery discs first. The OS only allows you to make one set. At start, type "create recovery discs" without the ". You will need three to four DVD's (the non-rewriteable ones. Make them first, it will take over an hour. After you're through doing that, restart the computer and press F11 (before the computer starts). There, you will be given recovery options. You want to restore to factory mode, all of your old data will be erased, so if there's anything you want, back it up. It won't take long, you will have to provide information because it's like a factory fresh install. You will need to setup your internet again, if you did it the first time, it wont be a problem. Then you will need to update (it won't take long), reinstall or redownload your programs, and you're ready to go. Should you need help, post and someone will help. And Welcome to the forums, Jeri! Hope to hear that your problem's fixed soon.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Jeri,

Be sure that you review all the settings and check boxes in the WMP. A lot of people just use the player and wonder why certain things happen.

Un-check the boxes in the "History" section at the bottom of this window in WMP.

To see how to change the file associations with WMP in Windows 7 go HERE. A pretty good little tutorial.

Last edited:
Reaction score
review all the settings and check boxes in the WMP
This is the positive answer.

Ask a Question