Windows 7 keeps disconnecting from internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi

I recently just got a new PC as my laptop recently packed in but every so often at least once a day it keeps disconnecting from the internet every time i try the troubleshoot it just keeps telling me to reset my hub but i dont want to keep doing this as i know this will start to slow my connection down

any suggestions

cheers

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Double check your LAN card and wireless LAN settings. Be sure to disable the feature of: Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. That may help you.

You'll find it under: Computer, right click to Properties, to Device Manager, click to show the hardware tree.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Are you still on wireless or now ethernet ? If the latter, working through a Hub and/or router, You should first try changing the channel inside the router.

Reaction score
If your problem still not solved by above solution from davehc, then also check if your laptop has third party wireless assistant application. Then keep in mind, windows 7 have capability to connect wireless without third party application. So just stop third party application first and connect wireless from windows 7 wireless assistant (it will show in bars, in system tray) then check. usually two application make conflict and signal goes lost.

Reaction score
One of the important causes of wireless disconnection is the improper installation of drivers or firmware. You may be facing Windows 7 wireless disconnections frequently, if you have not installed your drivers properly. If the laptop finds a driver missing, update it using the following steps. First you click ‘Start’ menu and open it. Click ‘Control Panel’ and go to ‘Hardware and Sound’. From here you will get the driver you need and then you update it. If frequent disconnection is due to improperly installed firmware, go to its website and download it from there.

Reaction score
I somewhat have similar issue... its not frequent so I just reboot my computer and reconnect to the internet. :)

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I am closing this thread, it's old and the OP has never replied so therefore the question is moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question