windows 7 hangs only after showing taskbar!

Reaction score
Hello.
first excuse me because of my English writing.

When I restart my laptop,I login & the welcome screen appears properly but only the background of desktop & the taskbar appears. Icons of desktop does not appear. The cursor is in normal mode when it`s on desktop but when i move around it on taskbar goes to wait mode. Hard disk is working & does not stop! After some minutes, acmon error occurs.
too, I had tested safe mode & windows works properly!
What is the problem?

Thanks a lot.
Ya Ali.

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Download and run Autoruns as Administrator.
Then look at the "Logon" tab. It will tell you what gets started when you logon to the computer. I would suggest removing the tick from the check box, next to any non-microsoft application. Your computer should boot quickly. Removing the tick just disables the application from running next reboot. It does NOT delete anything.
Reboot and login then start putting the ticks back one-by-one to find the problem application.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Hello shintaro.
Thanks for your response.
I unchecked all startup items & windows works properly but only some minutes! After some minutes, physical memories goes to about %40 & works very very very slowly!
extra information:
* I reinstalled windows 7 less than 1 month ago.
* I killed bad sectores by software & hardware device about 3 month ago.
* when I turn on my laptop, it freezes on motherboard screen (Asus). By pressing F1, it continues booting up.

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Is there a error message on the screen as well as it saying "Press F1 to continue"?
It kind of sounds like your Hard disk has some problems.
Do you know the Brand and Model number?

Reaction score
No error or "Press F1 to continue". just shows motherboard screen. & stop on it. If i press F1, bootins up will continue.
My laptop is "ASUS ul80jt".

Shintaro

Reaction score
Please download and run CPU-Z.
Then in the "About" tab save the report to .txt and upload it to the forum please.

Also please run chkdsk on your computer.

Ask a Question