Windows 7 Freeze problem!

Reaction score
ok, ill download some anti virus and check. which one works fine on w7 64 bits?

Reaction score
Installed it in safe mode, checked and i have no viruses. all is clean. I installed all available drivers with " driver genius professional".... and NOTHING! not working! ALL the time freezes! im gonna go mad in a sec! i spent from 16 PM - 23 PM doing this shit, and nothing is working! Im so frustrated! and additionally that german langauge eveywhere, casuing me not to understand a word! aghh! so FRUSTRATING!

Help plz! Any ideas?

Reaction score
*sigh* alright bud..sounds like youve got a corrupted copy *sigh* damn..
that sucks..:Z
you'll need another copy of windows 7 to reinstall properly
that disc is screwed
sorry for the borderline language.. but its the truth *sigh*
oh and avast tho i agree its good.. won't pick up the issue.. and my win 7 copy shut down the protection it had *blushes embarassedly*
i found microsoft security essentials compatible for now..but i'll be working with these companies for the sake of us all for compatibility. the sooner ive my bitdefender back the better XD

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reinstalled my w7, and it still happenes. ITs so strange! it aint random freezes, its always before i can manage to change language! like 15 sec after entering the password! ;( Nothing helps, i even Downloaded the registry booster! aghh!

Reaction score
Installed it in safe mode, checked and i have no viruses. all is clean. I installed all available drivers with " driver genius professional".... and NOTHING! not working! ALL the time freezes! im gonna go mad in a sec! i spent from 16 PM - 23 PM doing this shit, and nothing is working! Im so frustrated! and additionally that german langauge eveywhere, casuing me not to understand a word! aghh! so FRUSTRATING!

Help plz! Any ideas?
you might be having memory problems and need a new ramstick or two.

Reaction score
My work computer is frozen on Starting Windows. I'm 62, disabled on a fixed income this lousy place taking half of it. I'm not a geek any more because of a brain tumor (tho I have built 5 websites). I'd like to get back to work. I did a system restore to get back my Word functionality and it froze. I run Firefox on a Win7 home premium quad core machine (full specs are in my profile on this site.

Reaction score
I'm running VIPRE on my desktop and I'm spending a mint on the accursed machines already. I'm still a tech junkie even tho I forgotten how. I'm also an rpg junkie but Polyhedron Games material is on my desktop. Please help quickly and I apologize for pestering you folks and my ignorance.

Reaction score
Exinferis try this..... Remove your graphics card and connect your display to the onboard graphics on your motherboard. (I know this is painfull) but now reformat and re-install windows, it doesn't take too long. See if you get to the desktop. If so and everything works without freezing, shut down again. Now replace your graphics card and boot up again. See if it freezes, if all OK, now install your Graphics card drivers. If a problem occurs after that, then its the graphics card or drivers.

Reaction score
My work computer is frozen on Starting Windows. I'm 62, disabled on a fixed income this lousy place taking half of it. I'm not a geek any more because of a brain tumor (tho I have built 5 websites). I'd like to get back to work. I did a system restore to get back my Word functionality and it froze. I run Firefox on a Win7 home premium quad core machine (full specs are in my profile on this site.
Can you give some more info, like how much ram and what processor?? When did the freeze first happen and what were you doing. Thanks

Ask a Question