Windows 7 forum folding at home team needs you

Reaction score
I am not very familiar with the Windows 7 forum right now, so if this post is against any rules I apologize.
I just thought some of you might be interested in a team set up for this forum for folding at home. Many of you probably already know what it is. Folding at home is a distributed computing effort by Stanford Universlty to try and discover how and why proteins fold in abnormal ways to cause diseases of many kinds. Lending your computers unused CPU and GPU to their effort can potentially help them find cures to many diseases like cancer, parkinson's disease, alzheimer's, etc.
Here is a link to the subfoum for the team. Currently there are less than 20 members and fewer than that who are active members.
The team can really use your help.
It can be fun, competitive and addictive.
https://www.w7forums.com/folding-home-f33.html
Check it out.
The team number is 186660

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
rcranfield, welcome to the forum! I just got my notebook going again today, and while my numbers aren't huge, I have a lot of WU's. Especially for a notebook with a Pentium M 2.13 GHz CPU. When I was on the F@H site a while ago, one link went to the next, and I found a free program to squeeze the last drop of performance out of my CPU.

SpeedswitchXP is the program, and while I'm not familiar with power settings, I found it easy to set my CPU frequency to run at 100% 24/7, regardless of heat, or whatever. Hopefully it'll raise my WU's, but I don't expect a miracle. But every little bit helps.

For those who are folding (or running) XP, SpeedswitchXP can be found at:

http://www.diefer.de/speedswitchxp/

PS: I've found to app to be very useful. The MHz used to switch back & forth, now it stays on it max of 2128MHz.

Cat

Last edited:

Ask a Question