Windows 7 do not Shut Down completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have recently formatted my Windows 7 computer and have not installed any software except Avira Premium Anti-virus. Now when I shut down my PC, it does not shut down completely. The light on my CPU is still lightened. I am not sure what all process are running that make my system slow. I have manually shut down my computer pressing the shutdown button. I have attached the error files that I got under Event Manager.
Any suggestions please.

Thank you
Ashish Mishra

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I am not sure what all process are running that make my system slow.
This is not a solution, TorrentG's advice is the most likely solution but I will offer this additional software for you to actually watch your resources ...
Anti-virus software is probably the biggest cause of slow performance - all anti-virus programs want to execute first and scan what you are running and this takes resources BUT for you to see what programs are running on your system I strongly recommend Process Explorer which is listed in the forums recommended freeware section.

Reaction score
lol I honestly don't even know what kind of output the attachment is. Probably something to do with the event manager.

I see Avira in it a lot - so I arrive at the above conclusion. Not very scientific, but should do the trick. :)

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions TorrentG and TrainableMan. I have un-installed Avira and installed MSE but I am still experiencing the same issue. I can see my display getting black out and all other lights turns off except my CPU main light. If I turn off my UPS the CPU light goes off too. When I restart my computer I don get any error message of Windows Shutting down un-unexpectedly. Now I am confused whether it's a software related issue or Hardware related. Recently I changed my LAN card to D-Link card, may be this is the cause. Not sure... I will try to remove my LAN card and shut down and will update you guys about the results..Thank you..

Reaction score
Yes, any old driver on the system can be causing the issue. Update them all, especially for the wireless adapter because they're particularly notorious for the issue at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question