Windows 7 Desktop Screenshots

Reaction score
I can't seem to get back to sleep, so here you go.

Like others, I like having Icons, but I like them in a dock. I can't stand things all over the desktop area, I tend to click on things to much by mistake.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Looks nice mattweed9, just wondering will your recycle bin go in your doc ?

Reaction score
I would, but I don't remember how to remove it from the desktop. I'll have to find a tut.

Reaction score
There are 2 ways (maybe more) to remove the Recycling Bin that I know of; the first is a Registry hack which I do not recommend for obvious reasons one being you could delete something by accident another being you then have to reenter it if you ever want your bin back again. The other way, (the way I plan to use as I hate icons on my desktop but haven't installed object dock yet as time hates me!) is to hide all desktop icons. Right click on the desktop, view and uncheck "Show Desktop Icons" (I think from memory, have XP at work and it is locked down tightly so I can't even check on XP :() You should have an option in your dock manager to show a bin on the dock. Nice dock btw.

Reaction score
That was simple thanks. I opted for the hide all icons, seems the easiest to undo if need be.
The Dock is Rocketdock, the skin I found on their site, it fit nicely with the current desktop theme I am using. The Windows 7 on it was just a added bonus.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi radhawa and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

Thats a very cool looking Desktop mate :top: ... you have a notification, click the flag with the red X in your taskbar.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
LOL Veedaz, troubleshooting from desktop screen captures!

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Here's mine, and no I did not copycat Veedaz's screen, I've had this wallpaper for a long time and got it from Desktop Nexus Wallpapers.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Very nice Nibiru (its a little different to the wall i have), nice to see someone else using ConverttoDVD I have used many over the years but none are as good.

Reaction score
Here's mine, dual monitors.

View attachment 819
I have duel monitors too, I have Linux running on one and Windows 7 ( in a VM ) running on the other. I like it this way because with Linux I can close ports very easy but with Windows I never could figure out how to close ports ( if one of you could tell me that would be great :) ). Plus I never could figure out with the netstat command in windows whether I was being accessed remotely but the who command in Linux is very straight forward and nice. Therefore I find it more secure to have Windows running "inside" of Linux. In windows I always had a whole bunch of ports opened that I think may have been opened by Trojans, do any of you guys know how to close and block access to certain ports? For example say I wanted only port 80 and port 443 open and all the rest closed and blocked... Well by now this probably sounds like a security question :D so heres my desktop:

Attachments

Ask a Question