Windows 7 Desktop Screenshots

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It would be great to see how you've customised your Windows 7 desktop, so please post your screenshots in here :) Remember, entries posted before 31st May qualify for the Windows 7 Forum competition where you can win a free copy of Windows Vista Ultimate, courtesy of WindowsTalk! (you need a minimum of 10 posts)

To take a screenshot, view your desktop and press the "Prt Screen" button on your keyboard, then paste it in to paint and save the file as a jpg. You can then upload this image as an attachment when you reply to this thread. Attachments will automatically add a clickable thumbnail to the thread making it easy to judge.

(I'm looking forward to seeing Thrax's bustling desktop :lol:)

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Nothing shocks me more than seeing a user's PC desktop littered with shortcuts! I never go beyond one vertical row. Here's my desktop (not for contest entry):

Reaction score
Here's mine.

I like desktop icons.

Oh and the background does change to some other wallpapers, I just really like the default wallpapers as well and this is what happened to be up when I took the screeny. :p

Reaction score
A picture I took on Bonaire While at Medschool

I then put the win 7 logo on the pic using new layer with paint shop pro

Attachments

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I'm with Thrax. I never use desktop shortcuts anymore so I just got rid of them entirely.

Attachments

Reaction score
Ohh and looking at all the other images - I was under the impression the posting was to demonstrate what could be done with Windows 7 - Most of what I see could be posted on a Wallpaper posting - Looks great but I decided to demonstrate something new that Windows 7 allows over all other OS's - Cheers - I look forward in seeing what you come up with next!!
ok heres mine again with xp mode running.

Attachments

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Ohh and looking at all the other images - I was under the impression the posting was to demonstrate what could be done with Windows 7 - Most of what I see could be posted on a Wallpaper posting - Looks great but I decided to demonstrate something new that Windows 7 allows over all other OS's - Cheers - I look forward in seeing what you come up with next!!
I was under the impression the point of the thread was to take a screen cap of your desktop and post it. I personally am aware that you can sprinkle resource-consuming gadgets all over the desktop, add clocks and calendars and whathaveyou in W7, but I'd never do that; I don't spend enough time staring at the desktop to make it worthwhile and useful. For me, the whole point of "what Windows 7 can do" is simplicity. I mean yeah you can slap on a whole bunch of apps on the desktop, but that doesn't impress me. Find a way to make the taskbar entirely transparent and I'll be very impressed.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I was under the impression the point of the thread was to take a screen cap of your desktop and post it
Yep, any screenshot of your desktop can be posted here - each person has their own tastes :) If it's got loads of gadgets and interesting things, great... if not, that's still good - it's just to see what we all use on a day-to-day basis.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Here is my humble Windows 7 Desktop, running in Virtualbox no less

Reaction score
Not only do I find icons to be ugly, I find them to be a monumentally inefficient waste of time. Minimizing my applications to get to the desktop to click on an icon takes vastly too long. I use Launchy to start new programs with less than four keys from anywhere in the OS, without being arsed to minimize a program at any time.

Sure, I could shit up my desktop with a bunch of icons and craplets (excuse me, gadgets), but I'll never use them and they cramp my style.

Ask a Question