Windows 7 Chipset Drivers - Discussion

Reaction score
AMD will tell you that any driver updates for Laptop wont work. i just re-installed my OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK) on my acer aspire 5515, i chosed not to install the microsoft graphic driver update for my ATI X1200. i download driver from acer first then went on AMD website ran their utility finder and downloaded the vista 32bit 10.2 version and then downloaded the 12.8 version, install with no problems. AMD said that the manufacture (Acer) modifies the chipset and i would have to look for any updates there. acer hasnt updated any drivers since 2009.

Reaction score
For me...I prefer to install all drivers manually. I have had windows 7 (ultimate) download and install the wrong GPU driver as well as the chipset driver when doing a re-install. It happens and 7 is not perfect. Once it did that it (7) wouldn't allow me to install the correct drivers...so I was forced to re-install and then pay very close attention to the automated driver download and install screen and I just selected - later install drivers manually. From that point on I've never had a problem

Ask a Question