Windows 7 and nVidia GeForce4 MX 4000 !

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've downloaded a BETA version of Windows 7, it's working well on my old computer, but I can't use my PCI nVidia GeForce4 MX 4000 64mb properly!
When I intall xp driver for this card, Windows 7 freeze itch time I open a 3d game or any 3d application!
And if I install vista driver, Windows 7 block it and says that it has a problem, and if I ask him to upgrade this driver, it take me back to the standard vga driver!

I've search in nvidia site for some new drivers or something, and I found that they ask any Windows 7 user to upgrade his nvidia drivers from Windows Update. So I run it, but it doesn't give me any updates for my nvidia!

Is there any body who's having the same problem here? Or it's just me?

Plz help if you have any ideas about that!

regs,
Winner

Reaction score
Hello Winner

This may be a dumb question but when you checked windows update did you look at the optional updates? I have a GeForce GTX 260 PEI card and when I did the updates it showed a new driver and the Nvidia Control panel for it.

Melmak

Reaction score
Yes I did, there is just Microsoft Silverlight for the moment!
Do you remember wether your W7 used Standard VGA Driver or an nVidia Driver when you've installed it ?!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Any recent nVidia graphics drivers should be auto-detected in Windows Update:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/windows_7.html

I think your graphics card could just be too old to have a dedicated driver out for it at the moment, the nVidia site doesn't even list a Vista driver for it from what I can see. (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx).

You might have to stick with the generic VGA drivers or update your graphics card if you want it to work with the beta.

Reaction score
Just to let you know, I was using my graphic card to run vista!
And I've found a vista driver in an other website!
Thanks for your time ..

Reaction score
My age old nVidia GeForce FX 5200 card work well both with Windows Vista and Windows 7. I am getting all those AERO and stuffs. May be your card is too old to run Windows 7, consider an upgrade. :)

Ask a Question