Windows 7 64 bit home and accessing the internet

Reaction score
I just got my new dell laptop with Windows 7 64bit home and what a fantastic piece of machinery, however I can't seem to access my wireless home network. I'm confused because a year or two back I had another laptop which accessed it fine. Also this connection has a LAN Ethernet cable which my roommate uses that gives him access when the cable is in. I have a desktop and laptop and I want to use my wireless connection for my laptop. I have tried connecting to the network after verifying the connection by unplugging and replugging the modem, my WIN7 sees the connection and can connect but after that it says no internet access? I can't get into the modem from my web browser even when the Ethernet cable is in or wireless and I am connected, also at that time I have a LAN connection being read but no internet access. This is an unsecured wireless connection that I didn't set up and only now am curious to use it. I thought maybe this problem had something to do with my system being 64bit? I'm not new to networking but have run out of ideas and would like to update my new machine.

Ask a Question