SOLVED Windows 7 64 bit driver for Epson Perfection 1650 photo scanner

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Bigdave! It's a long shot, but someone has modified another scaner model driver to work in x64 Vista and this might do the trick in Windows 7:

http://rapidshare.com/files/19900992/EPSON_PERFECTION_1650_VISTA_x64_DRIVER.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5ze4gf3fa901qyz/EPSON_PERFECTION_1650_VISTA_x64_DRIVER.rar

Please let us know if it works, and if it doesn't we'll see if there's another way to get it working :)
lan I have an Epson 1640SU. Epson does not support drivers for W7 x 64 anymore. The said to use VueScan x64. I have used it from the time I upgraded from Vista x32. All I can say it is worst program on my computer. I say the above post on 1650 and wonder it it would work with 1640?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It is unlikely this will work for other models because the hardware ids are part of the inf but you can always try it and see.

Reaction score
I was told that if you use Elmers link it downloads but then you are told that the file is corrupt when you try to use it so I uploaded the copy I stored ages ago. Please try this a let me know if it works for you.

Please note that this still only gives you basic scan functions. We have been told it will not help with scanning negatives.
Hi. This seems like a subject that just won't die. I am trying the MediaFire download as well. Using WinZip but what I get is an exe file along with a bunch of zipped subfolders. I went to device manager to try and download the new driver, but I have no idea which file/folder it is. Sorry for this on an old subject, but I am befuddled.

Also, when you say it will only do basic scanning does that include multi-page PDFs and copying?

Thanks.

(I was using the VueScan produc, which was fine but now there is no free version.)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You need to fully extract the zip so that you end up with a folder with 10 files plus a subfolder. Then you just need to run Setup.exe from the first folder

Reaction score
I know, this was for WIN7, but the solution was running for me in WIN8.1. Guess what, I just upgraded to WIN10 and I am right back to that same driver issue. There is a specific error message if you point the driver update to the extracted files or right click on Es27.inf.

It says the hash key does not match in the catalog file:
"The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering."
Any chance the fix is as simple as updating the hash key and if yes, what is the value for WIN10?

Reaction score
Ok, I am a dummy. Forgot that to get to it to work on WIN8, I had to turn off the driver signature checking. Did the same on WIN10 and that allowed me to update the driver.

Reaction score
I have an Epson Perfection 1650 Scanner and W7 x64bit

I downloaded the driver from the mediafire link posted on this thread.

I went to Device Manager, updated the driver of the "unkown device" and VOILA, I'm scanning!

Thank you!
rfs

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I read and followed the advice in this thread. I down loaded and installed the driver. The device manager is happy but when I click on smart panel and scan to any of the choices I get the message "Please installed the supported TWAIN driver". Any thoughts?

The Salt Water Troll

Reaction score
I started this post in 2010. I never found any driver down load that worked. I found a program that works just as well as the old Epson program. It is called VueScan by Hamrick Software. www.hamrick.com I do not remember if I had to pay for it.. It is ver 9 x64(9.5-71) Every time it starts it ask if I want to upgrade. Just enter continue. It is not the most user friendly around, but it good, and I am still using the good old scanner.

Reaction score
I started this post in 2010. I never found any driver down load that worked. I found a program that works just as well as the old Epson program. It is called VueScan by Hamrick Software.
I started this post in 2010. I never found any driver down load that worked. I found a program that works just as well as the old Epson program. It is called VueScan by Hamrick Software. www.hamrick.com I do not remember if I had to pay for it.. It is ver 9 x64(9.5-71) Every time it starts it ask if I want to upgrade. Just enter continue. It is not the most user friendly around, but it good, and I am still using the good old scanner.

Hi Lyn, Thanks for the input. I'll check it out.

Reaction score
Regarding the epson 1650 scanner problem finding drivers. I found the perfect solution (at least for me). I'm using windows 7 pro and have installed the virtual xp-mode. I've loaded epson smart panel in that window, connected the scanner and activated "Attach/detach USB devices tab at the top of the screen. The scanner works like it did right out of the box. Hope this helps someone.
The Saltwater Troll

Ask a Question