SOLVED Windows 7 64 bit driver for Epson Perfection 1650 photo scanner

Reaction score
EPSON scanner Perfection 1650 DRIVER

Hi, I am writing from Italy. I have read the research of BigDave on January 2010 on Epson perfection 1650 photo scanner. I have gone on uploading.com/files/3214affd/EPSON_PERFECTION_1650_VISTA_x64_DRIVER.rar, but it's cancelled. May someone send me directly the driver for Windows 7 ?
Thank you very much !
Giorgio

Reaction score
Dunno if any of you guys are still here, but I just wanted to say Thanks.

I got the driver from the Mediafire link, and my Epson 1650 lives to scan another day.

Yay! Thanks! People helping people on the Internets!

Reaction score
Help,
I have the same problem with an Epson Perfection but none of the downloads above appear to work. They say file has been removed from the database. Can anyone let me have a copy of the 64 bit driver please.

Thanks
Plati

Reaction score
Tried the Media fire link again amd this time it worked okay, Ignore last post!

Plati

Reaction score
Hi do yo know were I may download thedriver; they are not available at uploading.com/files/3214affd/EPSON_PERFECTION_1650_VISTA_x64_DRIVER.rar

Thank you

Marco

Reaction score
Sorry, ignore my former post. The driver is still there on the mediafire link.

Ciao

Marco

Reaction score
Hi,

Bigdave -

Although Epson does not offer a 64-bit driver for your product, there is a 3rd party solution available from a company called Hamrick. For additional information on Hamrick and their VueScan software, please visit hamrick.com.
VueScan is compatible with over 2100 different scanners.

hope this helps in future.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If the free driver here doesn't work, then unless you are really really attached to the Epson 1650 I would not invest in the hamrick driver. It costs $39.95 for the basic software and 79.85 for the unlimited; you could take that money and buy a cheap W7 compatible printer/scanner instead.

Reaction score
Check the show notes for a reliable version:
(View the show notes on Youtube.)
The driver works on Windows 8 with Fireworks 64-bit, and you can scan pdfs using adobe. Photoshop 64-bit for CS4 through CS6 no longer supports TWAIN natively. Thankfully, 32-bit versions should install when you install the various Adobe Creative Suite versions. Apparently, Adobe is dropping TWAIN capability according to various Adobe forums. I'm still using it on Windows 7 with Fireworks, and it's great.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Bigdave! It's a long shot, but someone has modified another scaner model driver to work in x64 Vista and this might do the trick in Windows 7:

http://rapidshare.com/files/19900992/EPSON_PERFECTION_1650_VISTA_x64_DRIVER.rar

Please let us know if it works, and if it doesn't we'll see if there's another way to get it working :)
Hi Ian,
I see this link was some time ago and when clicking on it you just get the rapidshare site with an error message, is the driver still available from anywhere please.

Thanks Gary

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Gary, use Elmer's Mediafire Link; it still works.

I am told this file is corrupt and gets an error when you actually try to use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ian

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I was told that if you use Elmers link it downloads but then you are told that the file is corrupt when you try to use it so I uploaded the copy I stored ages ago. Please try this a let me know if it works for you.
MediaFire

Please note that this still only gives you basic scan functions. We have been told it will not help with scanning negatives.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
GaryDH said:
Hi TrainableMan I just want to say thank you for trying to help, unfortunately after many atempts it kept saying The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or a victim of tampering. Any ideas would be gratefully received, I did see on the Vist forum someone used an unoficial 1660 driver that worked but I could not find a link to download the driver.
Gary do you have a 1650 or a different model #? I do not believe the version I have is corrupt and the fact you get the error with the old and the new upload makes me suspect that the issue is not with the uploaded file. It is possible the file is not for your model or that you do not have a 64-bit OS or that the download did not finish successfully at your end but I do not believe the file is damaged on the file-share site.

Reaction score
Gary do you have a 1650 or a different model #? I do not believe the version I have is corrupt and the fact you get the error with the old and the new upload makes me suspect that the issue is not with the uploaded file. It is possible the file is not for your model or that you do not have a 64-bit OS or that the download did not finish successfully at your end but I do not believe the file is damaged on the file-share site.
Hi TrainableMan,
Yes it is most definitely the Epson Perfection 1650 and my OS is definitely 64bit and the down load seemed to go without a hitch, could it be the unzip program I am only using a trial version of winzip?

I think I am clutching at straws I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new scanner.

Many thanks
Gary

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It is extremely unlikely trial winzip is the problem. We have 7-zip (or IZArc or Peazip) listed in our Freeware DB (compression utilities section), you might try that instead of winzip. They can't create RAR files I don't believe, but they can extract existing RARs.

How are you running the installation? You need to extract the files and folders completely first. When you extract the driver files you should end up with a folder: EPSON PERFECTION 1650 VISTA x64 DRIVER and in that folder are 10 files including setup.exe and a Es27.inf as wel as a LIB subfolder.

Did you try running Setup? If setup doesn't work then try right-clicking on Es27.inf and choosing Install from the context menu.

Reaction score
Just to confirm - Mediafire Link is still working.
Downloaded driver to Win7 Ultimate 64bit and installed without any problems and Epson Perfection 1650 still lives :)

Thanks.

Ask a Question