SOLVED Windows 7 64 bit driver for Epson Perfection 1650 photo scanner

Reaction score
Help
I have a perfectly good Epson Perfection 1650 photo scanner but cannot get it to work on W7 64bit as I cannot find a driver. Can anyone help please

Cheers
Bigdave

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Reaction score
Ian
I tried the link and got the reply ".... we have no more download slots left for non-members...." and you have to pay minimum £7 to become a member ! Any other idea's ?

Bigdave

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd try the same download again in in the next hour - that's just a temporary message :)

I'll see if I can find another download location for you. edit: I can't find any other mirrors, but if you keep trying that download link it will work soon enough.

Reaction score
Hi Ian
Tried it again a few mins ago and got similar message " Unfortunately right now our servers are overloaded and we have no more download slots left for non-members. Of course you can also try again later." I will keep trying though thanks.

Bigdave

Reaction score
Ian
Tried the link several times and cannot download it, any other idea's ?

Bigdave

Reaction score
Hi Bigdave

I tried that link too and recieve the same error.
  • First attempt, appeared to be working. The download box come up but after several minutes never started downloading.
  • Second attempt, I was told I already have a download started.
  • Third attempt, I recieved the same message as you about the servers being busy.
Unfortunately, that was the only link I could find for a 64-Bit driver.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I keep getting that error when trying to download it too, and I can't find it anywhere else :(

I will keep trying to download this today and then re-upload it somewhere else for you when/if I get it :)

Reaction score
YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS !!!!
Ian, thankyou very much, downloaded it no problem, and it now works ! just saved me from having to bin it and buy another one. But why can we not get this driver from the Epson website (lord knows i have tried)

Cheers Pal !

Bigdave

Reaction score
How does it work?

You guys have been very helpful, I have the same issue on my x64 Windows 7 machine. I downloaded the modified drivers for the 1650 scanner and installed them. However when I open 'Epson Scan,' I get this message:

EPSON Scan cannot be started.
Please use the Troubleshooting Assistant...etc etc.

Could you post a blow by blow of what you did to get your scanner working after you downloaded the driver software?

Reaction score
Rune
What I did was firstly, download the driver and unzip it to a folder on C drive. Then openned up device manager, select the scanner (needs to be plugged in to show) and select update driver. then select browse and select location where you unzipped the driver to. then use as normal. It worked for me. Good luck, this saved me from having to throw away a perfectly good scanner, but most of all saved me upwards of £80 on buying a new one !

Thanks to Ian

Bigdave

Reaction score
Do you think this might work with a Epson Perfection 1670 scanner ?

Reaction score
There is a good chance that the driver will work. Very often drivers are programmed for a series of hardware. In this case I would think it was the 1600 series scanner or even more that the driver would work with.

There is only one way to find out, seeing how Epson doesn't support this driver on their website.

Reaction score
I did what BigDave suggested. But the Epson driver refused to update.

Reaction score
Worked great for me too. Thought I was going to have to buy a new scanner.

Thanks

Willi

Reaction score
help Bigdave

this is where I am stuck. I downloaded driver and unzipped it to c and followed your directions but device manager tells me it cannot find the driver!

Rune
What I did was firstly, download the driver and unzip it to a folder on C drive. Then openned up device manager, select the scanner (needs to be plugged in to show) and select update driver. then select browse and select location where you unzipped the driver to. then use as normal. It worked for me. Good luck, this saved me from having to throw away a perfectly good scanner, but most of all saved me upwards of £80 on buying a new one !

Thanks to Ian

Bigdave

Ask a Question