Win7 Error Message - 'Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service'

Reaction score
Dear all,

This is my first post here, so please bear with me. I am running a Dell Optiplex 3020 with Intel Core i3-4160 3.60 GHz processor. The installed memory is 4GB and the OS is W7 Professional, service pack 1, 64-bit.

I keep getting an error message of 'Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service' when my system has been switched on for a period of time over a few hours. This can either be when attempting to log back in, or when trying to open up an application. The problem disappears with a reboot, but is soon to happen again.

I am sure that the issue is being caused by something over-using memory of some sort. Now, I'm not really too clued up on the ins and outs of how memory works, and what the correct processes should look like for the machine. Therefore, I have posted some images of Task Manager here. If somebody would be able to provide some information on what any potential cause of the problem may be, it would be most appreciated.

I have been through a few forums already where the same issues have been reported and have attempted the solutions, but this far none of them have worked. These have been disabling the audio drivers, limiting what services are running as well as the services that are involved in the start-up process.

I'm obviously happy to provide any more information about this, please just request and I'll do my best to find it out.

Many thanks,

James

Attachments

Ask a Question