win32 cabinet self-extractor

Reaction score
Hi.

Disabled the above using gpedit (the notes I made said "computer configuration>admin templates>system>remove access"), thinking I could switch it back on if there were any problems. There were. An online game i play (freelancer) will no longer run.

I tried to reverse the process, but to no avail - could no longer find the "remove access" bit.

Any help for a total muppet who should have known better gratefully recieved.

Cheers.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I can't find the entry you mention in GPEDIT but to get back to where you were, try restoring your system to an earlier time if you have any Restore Points (Type RESTORE in start-Search box).

Reaction score
Don't have a system resore point - I thought I did, but I didn't. Can't reinstall windows, either.

Reaction score
moved house recently and my W7 disk (along with office and half the other stuff I own) is in a storage unit somewhere.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I see. As long as you have the product key, which you can extract from the current OS with a tool like the old free version of SIW 2010, then you can always create a new W7 Installation DVD (or Flash Drive) with the ISO links >>HERE<<

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Only problem is that a fresh windows install will kill all my software (Office included). Atm, I'm not sure when I can get my hands on it all again. I could probably do without 90% of it, but office is a show stopper. Can't do without it.

Meh!

Thanks for the help, anyway.

My own stupid fault.

Cheers.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It's just a thought but I suggest you Search your registry for wextract. I find no reference to that program in my registry and so if you do, take a screenshot and post it.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Another way is to start gpedit.msc and go to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Template
Then double click on "All Settings" and look in the "State" Column for a state that is NOT "Not configured"

Ask a Question