WiFi problems

Reaction score
Help! I am using the Samsung q220-ja01 and my WiFi capability randomly turns off and on and i have no idea why. I think that it is a problem with either the WiFi radio itself or possibly the internal hardware connection to it, but i have no idea. For all i know it could be a software problem! When this happens, the function key to turn the WiFi on/off (Fn F9) doesn't work. In the "Network and sharing center" in the "control panel", in "set up a new connection or network", it usually shows "Dial up," "Broadband connection," and "WiFi connection." during the period of no WiFi, it only shows the first two. It also does not show up in the "device manager". I cannot figure out what this problem is, so please help!

Reaction score
Are you using the most recent wireless drivers? There maybe updated drivers for your device.

There could be interference from other WiFi signals causing the dropout. If you think this is a possibility, you could use a different WiFi channel. This setting is made within the router/access point.

Reaction score
im fairly certain that i am using the most recent drivers, and i dont think tht it is interface from other wifi's.

Reaction score
it could also be your internet provider. I wifi off my nieghbor and he has suddenlink cable internet, at least 5 to 6 times a day i lose signal. sometimes lose it all together.

Ask a Question