SOLVED Wi-fi

Reaction score
Searched the forums, no results so I'm posting it in Gen Disc. I have a laptop that's driving me bon Ikers that I eventually want to link w/ my desktop. Homegroup I can pretty much handle but wi-fi escapes me. Verizon is my IP.

Identically, I have a Kindle that depends on a wi-fi connection to DL new stuff.

Forgive me, I had a brain tumor, trying to adjust and not doing a stellar job of it. Desperately trying to downsize and simplify, so please explain to me as if I were a child.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Did verizon set up a modem & wireless router (commonly a combined unit these days) for you? If so then you simply go to Control Panel > Network & Sharing Center, then choose "set up a new connection or network" on your laptop and you select the router name they set up ... similar process with the Kindle.

Reaction score
Where is the router name? I have a WPA key and a password also instructions for verifying my WPS.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I have no idea what the router name would be; the person that sets it up, names it. How many show up when you search?