Warning: Need to Free up disk space..Help!

Reaction score
I'm getting a bubble that comes up and it says, "Recovery E: Disk Space Low, Try to free up some space by deleting unwanted files".. And then the Recycle Bin pops up..People tell me just to cut the System Restore off, and it won't do that, but I want to know what caused it, and how to fix it before the spit hits the fan. :eek:

Reaction score
Hi

How large are your drives?
Your Recovery Drive should not even be monitored for low disk space.
Have you changed any settings that would allow Windows to use your E: for temporary files?
What about storage?
Are you storing anything on E: that would cause the Low Disk Space Message?

Reaction score
One thing you might can try

Right click on the Recycle Bin icon on desktop. Goto properties and select your recovery drive then select "Remove files immediately when deleting". This (if I'm not mistaken) will turn off the monitor for disk space on the recovery drive.

Reaction score
I did what you said about the Recycle Bin..That's just a quick fix for right now..I'll let you know the sizes of my drives and stuff when I get up. Sorry to say I'm on a schedule so I gotta jet for now.. But .I really would like to get this problem solved..I have recently partitioned my drives to dual boot Vista and Windows 7..But it's my E: drive, which I Don't Even Use, that has the space problem..I don't understand..:confused:

Reaction score
I've been going through Google and looking through some things and from what I've seen, this is Not a good thing..If anybody knows anything, before I mess anything up, let me know..thanks WH

Reaction score
I did what you said about the Recycle Bin..That's just a quick fix for right now..I'll let you know the sizes of my drives and stuff when I get up. Sorry to say I'm on a schedule so I gotta jet for now.. But .I really would like to get this problem solved..I have recently partitioned my drives to dual boot Vista and Windows 7..But it's my E: drive, which I Don't Even Use, that has the space problem..I don't understand..:confused:
That was not a quick fix. Making those settings will stop windows from checking for free disk space on you drive. The disk space you were mentioning is not the total space for the drive. That was the amount alloted for Recycle Bin.

You are not storing data or deleting files on your Recovery Drive. These settings can be turned off for the Recovery Drive. Making the amount of space used by Recycle Bin for the Recovery Drive smaller will change when Windows notifies you of low disk space.

Reaction score
The messages are still coming up that I have low disk space on Recovery E:..Don't quite understand what you mean by, I am not storing or deleting files on Recovery Drive..If not, why is my E: drive getting full?? Which is my Recovery Drive..And how do I turn these settings off on Recovery E:?? I'm a little confused..

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Can you send us a screenshot of your E drive from the Computer window?

Use the Snipping tool to get a screenshot.

Reaction score
The E: drive on your computer is a recovery drive, meaning that the manufacturer of your PC has deliberately filled it to capacity with files necessary to reset your installation of Windows to brand new condition in the case of errors, viruses, spyware, or other software issues.

It is perfectly normal for this recovery partition to be completely full, and nothing is wrong. Any advice people give that advises you to disable free space checking on that drive is the 100% correct advice.

Reaction score
Re: need to free up disk space

[FONT=&quot]I believed you have solved your problem. But here I like to share my experience. I have met the "low disk space" on my Windows 7 unlimited recently. And I googled an article [/FONT]How to solve Windows 7 "low disk space" warning[FONT=&quot] and solve my problem successfully. I share this article hoping can help anyone else.
[/FONT]http://www.partition-tool.com/resource/windows-7-partition-manager/windows-7-low-disk-space.htm

Ask a Question