w7 pro let me work with old w xp to download

Reaction score
if i upgrade to w 7 pro download w xp can I download old w xp stuff

Reaction score
I assume the question is about XP Mode.

XP Mode is not a perfect solution. Because it is a guest OS, there are latency issues with the host OS. With that said, are you certain you need XP compatibility in Windows 7? You could first try running the app with XP compatibility, without using XP Mode.

Most programs (even pre-XP) will run on Windows 7 without the need for compatibility settings, much less the need for XP Mode. XP Mode was designed for legacy 16-bit applications that no longer run on 64-bit operating systems. If you have a 32-bit application that needs compatibility, XP Mode is more than likely not the solution you are hoping for.

Reaction score
I read some where the window 7 pro has something built in to read the old stuff back to w xp

Reaction score
Yes that would be XP Mode, which is XP Pro SP3. It is a virtual machine running Windows XP inside Windows 7. But like I said it is not a perfect solution, and not needed to run applications designed for XP. Windows XP handles older applications (such as those designed for Windows 3.0 or 95/98) better than Windows 7, which is the only reason XP Mode is available for Windows 7 Professional.

Reaction score
I guess I,m lost on what to do,. what is the best way to open my old service manual sorry i must be brain dead on this

Reaction score
You will need to give a few details as to what your service manual is.
  • Is it an application or a specific file type?
  • If it is a specific file type what application did you use to open the file?
Most user manuals are .pdf file format, which would require the use of Adobe Reader or an alternative that reads .pdf.

Reaction score
it's a pdf file I think It's on a cd /vb cds pcs-12551-92c10 that's what is on the cd.
I want to open it to read and print a page or the whole thing. it is a 5 volume book and keep it on my computer to uses too.
I have ADOBE reader
thank you for your help Alan

Reaction score
I went to my work computer that has w-7 pro on it, and it opened my cd for the service manual for ford
so I went to my upgrade on my home computer with w 7 home on it and tried to buy the update to w 7 pro and it said it was not available what can I do now?

Ask a Question